Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

not access administrative tools

• Please log in to reply

ybenju

ybenju

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I stopped some services, and now I don't have acces to any administrative tools.
Tty to restore last backup and it doesn't works either.
I always getting this message " the service cannot accept control messages at this time"
How can I restore all this things?
I have Vista Home basic ; 32 bit (I guess)
I'm the only user and the account appear as administrator

Thanks

Advertisements

ybenju

ybenju

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I just reset the computer, and everything it's working now.
Do know how but it's working :wacko:

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to Geeks To Go's forums! I hope you stick around after we've assisted you in resolving this issue, as there is a lot of great members and information available on Geeks To Go's site. Now that the pleasantries have been said, let's take a look at your issue and see what we can do to resolve it!   Although I am happy to hear it is now working, it may be worth running a quick check on the Windows System Files with the Windows built in tool, called System File Check. If you'd like to do this, I've posted how in STEP ONE. In STEP TWO I just posted an option, recommended item to do.

STEP ONE: System File Check
  • I'd like you to start a System File Check (SFC). This is a built in system tool that Microsoft has for checking the current file systems out and making any necessary repairs. To do this, you will need to open up an Elevated Command Prompt, which you can do by following these easy steps:
  • Open your Start Menu
  • Select All Programs
  • Then select Accessories
  • 'Right Click' on Command Prompt
  • Select Run as administrator from the Context Menu
Now you should see the Command Prompt window open at this time, which I need you to type the exact text found below in the code box hitting your 'ENTER' key after you finish typing it.
SFC /SCANNOW > "C:\Users\Public\Desktop\SFC Results.txt"
This may take a while, so please try not to interrupt it or use the PC as much as possible while it runs. Once it is done, it will go back to the original line of text you saw. At that point, I need you to look on your desktop for the text file named "SFC Results.txt". Please copy and paste that into another reply, in which then we can review. STEP TWO: Temp File Cleaner
As a good rule of thumb, I like to get rid of temp/junk files off any and all systems I work on. Reason being that I've seen some build up of caches and junk files cause all sorts of chaos on multiple occasions, so why not just take a few minutes to clean the PC up.However before you download and run the program, please make sure you save all work and close out of all programs accept your browser (which also will need to be closed down after the download, before running the program).

Now that we've saved and closed out of all your applications/programs, please download Temp File Cleaner (TFC). Once that is done, close out of all your open applications/programs and then please 'Right Click' and select Run As Administrator from the Context Menu. Please let this run, uninterrupted. Once it's finished, it may ask you to reboot your machine - If it does, please allow it to reboot at this time and after Windows loads back up move on to the next step. If it does not require a reboot, please move on to the next step now. However please take note of the red number, displaying amount of removals, and post it in a reply.

Edited by PhrantiQ, 24 October 2013 - 08:00 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I stopped some services, and now I don't have acces to any administrative tools.
Tty to restore last backup and it doesn't works either.
I always getting this message " the service cannot accept control messages at this time"
How can I restore all this things?
I have Vista Home basic ; 32 bit (I guess)
I'm the only user and the account appear as administrator

Thanks

without knowing what services you stopped it's hard to know exactly what you did, but we can explain why you couldn't restart the services and then why things started working after you rebooted the machine.

if you stopped multiple services, then there were probably some that were dependent on the others, which would mean that you can't start one without the other. there are some services that can't be started except during the system startup time as well (or at least...can't be cleanly started).

so when you rebooted the system, the services automatically restarted themselves during startup like they're supposed to.

now, for a really important question. why were you stopping services to begin with and what made you choose the ones you stopped?