Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my note book wont boot,please help [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

irishdanny

irishdanny

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi please can some one help.

Blue boot screen says
Usb: generic-sd/mmc
Network:realtek boot agent

Neither of them will boot my device ,

Please help.
Danny

Advertisements

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Hello Danny,

Welcome to Geekstogo.

I take it from what you quote that you have tried to boot your machine using a usb flash drive with Farbars Recovery Scan program on it?

If so, and assuming your computer is Windows 7 or earlier, maybe your bios settings are not set to boot from the usb flash drive.

To enter BIOS and edit the boot menu do this:

Restart your computer, and watch for a message telling you which key to press to enter the BIOS setup. It depends on which brand of computer you have but it will usually be one of F1, F2, DEL, ESC or F10 (On HP Mini Netbooks, they correct key is usually F9.).

Press this key while your computer is booting to edit your BIOS settings.

Instead of editing BIOS settings, you can chose a boot device from the boot menu.

Press the function key to enter the boot menu when your computer is booting. Typically, the boot screen displays which key you need to press. It maybe one of F12, F10. Note: with some motherboards you have to select 'hard disk/USB-HDD0' to choose the USB flash disk.

You need to edit the Boot Order. Depending on your computer, and how your USB key was formatted, you should see an entry for "removable drive" or "USB media". Move this to the top of the list to make the computer attempt to boot from the USB device before booting from the hard disk.

Tell me if this information helps you or if it is something else that is the problem.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.