Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

get XP on new computer

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I have lost my story somewhere in this machine. Not sure how or where it is. Is it possible to get this story back? I believe it may have gotten deleted by accident. This is not a good day. Thank you, for your time. H ope this is possible.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you done a search for the title?
If deleted is it sitting in your recycle bin?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I did check Recycle right away and it was not there. I have been to every help I can find on this machine and still can't find the story. I wouldn't mind to much but this was the last part of the story and it was just ending up. Hard to go back and try to remember all I did. I just thought maybe there was a way that you knew of that I could get it. I guess I think you can do anything. Not too fair to you is it? I do like Office. I am quite sure it was not lost there. I no longer let the grandchildren sit at my computer to play their games. So I am the one who lost it and have really tried all I know to try.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You can try a recovery software but the issue is that most can't be installed on the drive you need to check.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Well, I do thank you for being there to answer my question. I will just have to learn how to back up things on this new computer before I put anything else on. I know that. I have lost things before and that is why I would always back things up. I shall just sit down later and try to recall the main material that was lost. Thank you kind sir.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest backing up your stuff at least on a flash drive. The story shouldn't be very big so I would think a gig flash drive would hold that. I got my kids each a 16 gig flash drive and they keep their important stuff backed up everyday with it. :thumbsup:

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I just bought on of those the other day. Why didn't I use it? Oh well, can't cry over spilled milk. I will do that with the other story I have started on here. Thank you for the advice. You do help me out so often. God bless you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome and I am so glad I can help.