Alright, looks great!
Let's update some programs, then I'll remove my tools and then I have some information for you.Step 1: Program UpdatesInternet Explorer
Your Internet Explorer is out of date, please click here
to go to Microsoft's page and download the latest version.Adobe Reader
- Malware will exploit any vulnerabilities it can find in outdated software. If you are using Adobe Reader for reading pdf files, try using FoxIt Reader. It is a very capable alternative to Adobe.
- Please click here to download FoxIt Reader.
- If you wish to continue to use Adobe Reader, then please update it by clicking here.
- Please remember to uncheck the option to install McAfee's Security Suite.
Your Firefox web browser is out of date. The current version is 25.0.
Please click on Help
at the top of the browser then click About Firefox.
Firefox will then update itself.Keeping your software updated
There are several programs out there that can check for out of date programs on your computer. One is Secunia PSI
, and another is Filehippo
. You can run these on a weekly or monthly basis to check your programs for updates and then they will provide a link for you to download them.Download Secunia PSIDownload Filehippo UpdatecheckerPlease remember to turn Spybot's TeaTimer back on
. Step 2: Delete Old Restore Points and Create a New One.
We're going to delete all your old restore points and create a new one that is free of infection. We do this so that in the event you need to do a System Restore, you will have clean restore point.
Start OTL and copy the text in the code box below.
Paste the text into the Custom Scans/Fixes
box and click Run Fix.
Step 3: Tool Removal
%systemroot%\system32\vssadmin delete shadows /for=c: /all /quiet /c
A few tips to help protect you:
- You can delete aswMBR and Junkware Removal Tool from your desktop.
- Start AdwCleaner and click the Uninstall button. AdwCleaner will clean out it's quarantine folder and then delete itself.
- Start OTL and click the Cleanup button. OTL will clean out it's quarantine folder and then delete itself.
- You can uninstall ESET Online Scanner at this time.
- I personally recommend keeping MBAM installed. This program is a great defense against malware.
Watch what you open in your emails. If you get an email from an unknown source with any attached files, do not open it.
Be careful of the websites you visit.
To help protect yourself while on the web, I recommend you read How did I get infected in the first place?
Are there any further issues remaining that I can help you with?