Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RESOLVED.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

danpajun

danpajun

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using a Toshiba Satellite and Windows 8.
Recently, in the last day or two, my Google Chrome volume stopped working. I quickly found out that in the Volume Mixer I have one or two extra Google Chrome Applications open. They are both always muted, and if I unmute them, they become muted almost instantly again. When unmuted, the applications have advertisements playing. The applications do not have actual windows or tabs open in my browser. When I end the extra tasks(between 8 to 14 tasks), they open up again. My actual Google Chrome browser volume does not work unless I unmute it, which it stays unmuted unlike the other Chrome applications. The Google Chrome application that I am using does not start off unmuted as default; I have to go there and unmute it every time. I think this might be from some program instillations, such as GigaClicks Crawler, which I did not download. When I try to uninstall the program, I receive this message: "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall GigaClicks Crawler. Please contact your system administrator". The account that I am on, which is my laptop's only account, is the administrator. I don't know if my issue is because of this certain program or another. The only reason I bring up my suspicion of this program is because I had seen it on another thread and because I could not uninstall it. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with fixing my problem. Thank you.
(I included screenshots of the Chrome applications in the Task Manager, the Chrome Applications in the Volume Mixer, and the uninstallment issue)

Attached Thumbnails

• Chrome in Task Manager.png
  • Chrome in Volume Mixer.png
  • Uninstallment Issue.png

Edited by danpajun, 03 November 2013 - 01:32 AM.

Advertisements

danpajun

danpajun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Resolved. No need for assistance.