Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Tons of Pop Ups and Extremely Slow (think its infected)

• Please log in to reply

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.11.04.07

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
[bleep] :: [bleep]-PC [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

04/11/2013 4:55:26 PM
mbam-log-2013-11-04 (16-55-26).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 277348
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 53 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\The Sea App (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 6
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sea App (Internet Explorer) (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363 (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\components (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\searchplugin (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3272810 (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Detected: 25
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ooVooTBing.exe (PUP.Optional.SweetPacks.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\Updater.exe (PUP.Optional.Amonetize.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\998A503F-BAB0-7891-BE47-9CDC3C4998D0\MyBabylonTB.exe (PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3272810\ctbe.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3272810\statisticsStub.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\Downloads\7zip_installer_d6326488.exe (PUP.Optional.InstallIQ) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Chezy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\GTA91QTC\frostwire-4.21.3.windows[1].exe (PUP.Optional.OpenCandy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Chezy\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\PKEYD7JA\frostwire-4.21.3.windows[1].exe (PUP.Optional.OpenCandy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sea App (Internet Explorer)\The Sea App.dll.config (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sea App (Internet Explorer)\Interop.SHDocVw.dll (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sea App (Internet Explorer)\Microsoft.mshtml.dll (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sea App (Internet Explorer)\SpicIEx.dll (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sea App (Internet Explorer)\Uninstall.exe (PUP.Optional.TheSeaApp.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\components\RadioWMPCoreGecko19.dll (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\components\RadioWMPCoreGecko5.dll (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\components\RadioWMPCoreGecko6.dll (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\alertSettingsComponent.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\appContextMenu.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\engineContextMenu.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\getAppsContextMenu.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\postAppsContextMenu.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\toolbarContextMenu.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\defaults\unsharedAppsContextMenu.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct1572363\searchplugin\conduit.xml (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\[bleep]\AppData\Local\Temp\ct3272810\ieLogic.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
going to uninstall MSE and install Avast ... I also ran SuperAntiSpyware and it found 448 items ...

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hi ... Ok I d/l the avast free ... but I noticed that on the top it says 30 days remaining. Is this only for 30 days.

Also once I click on settings ... I get this page to register and it says "avast not connect" so I have to create a new account or sign in with facebook?? It doesnt let me do the net steps from settings ....

what do I do.

Edited by Lexy610, 04 November 2013 - 06:44 PM.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
MBAM didn't like the Sea App. Wasn't sure what it was so left it alone. The rest were remnants and not active.

SuperAntiSpyware is fond of removing Cookies which is probably why it got so many hits.

Forget about the Account business. You do not need an account but you do need to register. During registration they will again try to tempt you into buying the full product but there is always an option for the Basic version. Registration is fairly simple - just your name, email address and whether you are using it for commercial or personal reasons. (Personal of course) Once you register it is good for 12-14 months then you need to register again. The free option will be available but it won't be the default.

Stick with Avast for a while and see how you like it. Some people object to the voice notification of updates. To turn it off, click on the Avast ball then on Settings then on Appearance. Then on Sounds, Sound Settings and uncheck Automatic Updates, OK. (It will still update it just won't tell you about in a loud voice in the middle of the night.)
They have also started using their info popup to try and get you to upgrade so I go into Settings, Appearance, Popups and change the first two to 1 second.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Hi ...

Ok I registered on Avast so I get it for a year free .. however once I click on settings i do not see where it says "Heuristic Sensitivity" ....

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
There is a Settings under Scan, Boot-time scan. That's the one that allows you to make changes to how Boot-time scan works.[attachment=67471:avast.jpg]

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Got it thank you so much

Thank you for all of your time & help :-)

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
OH ... one more quick question ... one of my other computers says this ""BOOTMGR image is corrupt. the system can not boot"! Does this mean my computer is dead or does it sound like a virus? If so I will post a new topic for it but wasn't sure if it should just be thrown away :(

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
What version of Windows is it? Do you have a disk for it? What make and model are we talking?