Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mystified by something about Win 8/ 8.1) search

• Please log in to reply

Ibex

Ibex

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I press the Windows Key and type "system restore," in my Windows 8 (and now 8.1) laptop I do not get a link to the system restore function in Windows 8. I get web links and that's all. I'm mystified by this because every Microsoft site and other sites say, "just type 'system restore'" I can get there by typing "create restore point." That gives me a link. I wonder if anyone would have an explanation for this, or if this happens to anyone else?

There are other quirks like this occasionally.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

In my case using 8.1 if I type System Restore I have to change the Search scope from Everywhere to Settings only then I have access to Create a restore point option that open the System applet and the System Protection Tab.

So it seem that for Microsoft Everywhere have a different meaning I suppose...