Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple STOP errors and freezing

• Please log in to reply

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Sorry I didn't get to reply sooner, I've been fairly busy. I had switched to "normal startup" and then unchecked everything in startup. The computer ran smoother than before (I usually manage it myself, but I hadn't lately and it seems that one of the programs must have made it worse.
However. the computer is still freezing and crashing. Here are a few new STOP errors I've gotten while using this startup configuration. At least, it should be. Also, I had forgotten to mention this before this, but sometimes the CMOS will reset itself.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Draye, 14 November 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The first one is Acronis.
Snapman.sys file information

The process known as Acronis Snapshot API or Apricorn Snapshot API belongs to software Acronis Snapshots Manager or Acronis Snapshot API or Seagate DiscWizard by Acronis (www.acronis.com) or Apricorn.

Disable it for now please.

It looks like it may be the root of the issue at this time.

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
All the startups have been disabled. Still having trouble with booting and freezing I think, but I can't say for sure. I haven't been on my pc much, especially since this.

Edited by Draye, 18 November 2013 - 12:45 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem just let me know when you have had enough time to try things out.

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I put my ram into dual channel mode with the 2/4 slots, then the computer froze as the motherboard options appeared, I rebooted to have it the not pass POST. On my next attempt it booted to windows logon and then a STOP error appeared. The saving percentage went past 100%. I had let it go to about 250. After that I put the memory in dual channel on slots 1 and 3. It then started fine, and when I checked the crash logs, WhoCrashed found this:
On Tue 11/19/2013 4:36:27 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0xFFFFFA800E067960) 
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x3, 0xFFFFFA800E067960, 0xFFFFFA800E067960, 0xFFFFFA800E067962)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. 
Google query: BAD_POOL_HEADER

BlueScreenView doesn't have it though. And that is where I am at now.
Another one some time after:
Spoiler

WhoCrashed lost the last error file.
In the meantime I will try to see if I had made any registry errors.

Edited by Draye, 18 November 2013 - 11:05 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK have you turned anything back on in the msconfig startup yet? When you said everything was disabled in the startup did you actually turn everything off because some of the startups have to be left on. You never supplied a list of the startups so I can't tell what you actually turned off.

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I normally change startup options myself to speed up booting, but I had taken everything as you had asked.
Right now I currently have Nvidia GeForce Experience, HDAudioCPL (VIA control panel), Comodo Firewall, Microsoft Windows Operating System, Six Engine (ASUS), USB 3.0 Monitor, and SSDMONIT Applicaiton (after I recently installed Norton Utilities)
The rest are other programs like adobe, apple and steam.

Edited by Draye, 19 November 2013 - 11:27 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Any BSOD's or problems in the last 14 hours?

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Just got PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x4E
It stopped at 20 and stayed, but Whocrashed found this:
On Tue 11/19/2013 8:11:35 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown (0x6F09A4FE) 
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x2, 0x1373F, 0x12FFFF, 0x1)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. 
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. 
Google query: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

The Windows time was reset when I got back on and the dump file shows 8:11pm even though its about 3pm

Edited by Draye, 19 November 2013 - 02:21 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

Can you check the event viewer for the time and error please. This could be just a fluke or it may need to have the page file recreated to correct it.

Advertisements

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Here are the logs from around 3pm today, the last one goes back to 11/2
Spoiler

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK I want to look even deeper so lets try this.

Please download MiniToolBox and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP Configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices - (dial) Only Problems - (dial) No Driver (dial) All
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
  • List Minidump Files
  • Click Go and post the result.

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Here are the results:
Spoiler

EDIT:
I've heard of improperly installed drivers causing problems. Improperly installed as in installing the latest driver version over the last version instead of fully removing the old version, which is what I used to do.

Edited by Draye, 19 November 2013 - 04:58 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That could be a issue for sure. You might just go back and try that with a couple of them and see if that does help.

Draye

Draye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
I am currently using this:
http://www.majorgeek...ows_repair.html

After that I will reinstall a few drivers.