Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 much slower + new problems

• Please log in to reply

KeraCkeo

KeraCkeo

• Pip
  • 9 posts
So I started having problems about a week ago. Long story short, the computer effectively froze, everything took forever to happen or never happened at all, and I had to force shut down several times. The long version can be found here: http://www.geekstogo...down-immensely/, which never got a response after several days.

Nevertheless, I began encountering a few more problems over the last few days, such as Windows Explorer crashing every time I clicked "New Folder" in the period of a few hours. Computer also "froze" again without the external hard drive attached. Made me think maybe the computer's just gone crazy on its own whenever I open or do something that may take up plenty of memory/CPU. (Opening really old videos with crappy resolution = no problem. Opening today's 720/1080p videos, even those downloaded from Youtube = problem within several videos.) So, hopefully I could get some advice to see if it's anything I can quickly fix on my own regarding the OS before jumping back to the conclusion that my laptop is infected with something.

Many thanks!

Advertisements

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Hi :welcome:

Sorry for the delay, but because you have started a topic in the Malware Removal forum, we can't help you now here. Please post a note about your Malware topic here, providing also a link to it.

When someone from the malware staff will declare that your machine is clean, then we may move on to some more investigation here.