TDL rootkit [Closed]
Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:01 PM
Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:30 PM
My name is Nutloaf, and I will be helping you with Malware Removal.
I am currently in training and my posts will need to be reviewed by an expert, so expect a slight delay between posts.
Please read all instructions and fixes thoroughly.
- I would advise printing any instructions for easy reference as some of the fixes may require you to boot in Safe mode and access to the GeeksToGo website will be unavailable.
- Any fixes provided by myself are for this log file only and cannot be used on any other systems.
- Do not run any other removal software or perform updates other than the ones I provide, as it will complicate the cleaning process.
- You have 4 days to reply to each post or the topic will be closed. You will be able to request that the topic be re-opened if you still require assitance.
- Please feel free to ask any questions, especially if you are having problems with my instructions.
Finally before we start:
Removing malware is a complicated multiple step process, Please stay with me until I have declared your system clean. I strongly recommend you backup your personal files and folders.
O.k let's get cracking, follow in the order given. Any problems then let me know
1. DOWNLOAD OTL
- Using this link Download OTL and save it to your Desktop
- If saved to another location, right click the OTL icon and Select Cut then right click on Desktop and select Paste
- Right click the OTL icon and select Run as Administrator. (XP USERS - Double-click the OTL icon)
- Make sure the following boxes are checked:
- Scan All Users
- Include 64bit Scans - If present.
- Use Company-Name WhiteList
- Skip Microsoft Files
- Use No-Company-Name WhiteList
- LOP Check
- Purity Check
- In the Extra Registry box select Use Safe List
- Copy and paste the following into the Custom Scans\Fixes box without the word Quote.
dir C:\ /S /A:L /C
- Now Click Run Scan
- OTL will now scan your computer and produce 2 log files. OTL.txt and Extras.txt.
- Post both in your next reply
- Using this link download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.
- Right click aswMBR.exe and Run as Administrator select No for AVAST virus definitions.
- Click the Scan button to start.
- When the scan ends click Save Log and save it to your desktop
- Post this log in your next reply
3. Run ADWcleaner
- Using this link Download ADWcleaner and save to Desktop.
- Right click ADWcleaner and Run as Administrator then select Scan
- When the search is complete click Report. Please post this report in your next reply.
4. Security Check
Download Security Check from here or here.
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Things I want to see in your next post.
- ASWmbr log
- ADWcleaner report.
Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:56 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users