Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer turns off randomly and Internet browser occasional error

• Please log in to reply

Destiny000

Destiny000

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I have a laptop asus N53S Series, Windows 7 64 bit Intel Inside core 17. My laptop is turning off randomly when it should not, I have it plugged in and of course every time I turn it back on it says windows was not shut down properly. My Internet is randomly slow as well, not so much speed of connection as my browsers, doesn't seem to matter what browser I use they all act the same. And if I remember correctly I believe it is called the 503 error that displays on the webpage and it won't load. Even if I refresh it won't go to it, sometimes if I restart my system it will work and other times even that won't work. I have run Malwarebytes, I use it to check often as I am often during google searches to find information that is generally hard to find and has lead me to questionable websites. Also I do not have an anti virus program, I don't believe in them. They have only ever caused me more trouble that good.

Oh and the shutoff generally occurs sometime between after I go to bed and morning. My computer is generally left on with adequate ventilation. I have direct line to Internet so I have plugged it in and taken it out to see if somehow being connected was doing something strange and that didn't seem to make much difference.

I am up to date on definitions as well.

Hope someone can help me out. I would greatly appreciate assistance with this. And thank you in advance for your time.
I will be checking this form on and off all day today, so if I missed giving any details and you let me know I should get back fairly soon. Thanks.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello Destiny000

A common cause of such behaviour in computers (predominantly notebook types) is overheating so a clean out with canned compressed air is a first step, a cleaning guide to help is available from Here, it is for HP products but the principle is the same.

For now the above is all that I can suggest due to the possibility that this is malware related, this based on the information provided by yourself in that you have no AV protection and spend a lot of time connected to the internet, please refer to the GTG malware redirection information below;

I suspect that you have some malware on your computer causing issues that we are not able to solve through means we can use here in the Tech Forums. I suggest you read the 'Start Here' topic found here. With these self-help tools you have a high chance of fixing the problems on your own. If you are still having problems after following Step 3 of the guide, continue with Step 4 and 5 and post in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run any programs, Please create a topic stating what you have tried so far and that you are unable to run any programs. Also, Please do NOT post the logs in this thread.

If you are still having issues after the malware expert gives you a clean bill of health, Please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).