Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not hearing sound from internet

• Please log in to reply

susancosta

susancosta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can hear music or videos saved onto my computer, but I cannot hear any sound from anything on the internet.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi susancosta,

Welcome to Geeks To Go! :happy:

Do you still need help? I asked one of the Moderators to move your thread to the more appropriate forum. It appears your sound problem is not malware related and the other Techs will have a better chance to see that you need help.

Could you please tell me which Operating System (OS) in installed?

Let's start with the easy troubleshooting first to see if it is just a setting that is causing your sound to not function properly while on the Internet.

Go to Start > Run and type (or copy/paste) the following into the Run box and click OK.

sndvol

Verify that nothing is muted and let me know. It wouldn't hurt to click on the speakers at the bottom to mute then click again to re-enable the sound, just in case....

Donna :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
From the original post it would seem the issue is restricted just to the internet and not the system itself. I would suspect a plugin of some sort as the issue. :unsure:

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
We could test by trying different browsers too, if OP comes back

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I agree Troy. :thumbsup:

DonnaB

DonnaB