Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Far Cry 3 Performance

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Hello all,

I slowly built up a budget gaming rig this past year and it plays most game on very high settings (such as Battlefield 3, etc.) but I cannot seem to get it to run Far Cry 3 with any form of smooth frame rate. I have run the diagnostic on System Requirements Lab and I pass but what is holding my system back is the processor I am using according to their site. I wanted to get some input from anyone to see their thoughts. I don't mind buying a better processor, but I have only had this one a year and would hate to scrap it already. It just seems like FC3 is the most intense game I have seen in quite some time. I figured BF3 would make my system chug, but it clips along fine on Ultra settings.

Basic Specs:
AMD Phenom X2 560 3.3
4GB ram
Windows 7 64-bit
XFX R9270X video card.
7200rpm 1TB drive

Advertisements

JohnSheen

JohnSheen

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Hi,

I would suggest you to decrease your AA and Anisotrophic Filter values on Far Cry 3.

First of all, BF3 is an older game in comparison with fc3. Eventhough its graphics are good bf3 never named as a system killer as Crysis 1 and 3. And believe me it does not tax your system very hard.

Also, new games demands some 8Gb ram to play games at ultra-high settings. Your 4GB RAM is already obsolete.

And one last suggestion, you may want to overclock your GPU at your risk of voiding the guarantee, overclocking adds a lot to the performance.

Your cpu should be fine right now, not a great one in my range of preferences but still ok. You may want to upgrade to AMD FX-8350 for the processor if you ever will. since you dont have an Intel compatible Motherboard, I did not suggest any intel cpu. But still, i5-3570k is the best buy on intel side for gaming.

And try Crysis 3 if you want to play some killer game :D it is a great game and has by far the best graphics ever created for a game on earth.

Take care,
feel free to ask further
Hope this helps :)
Have a good night

Edited by JohnSheen, 16 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

gast33

gast33

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
look here www.bit.ly/Tv52SL

Edited by gast33, 02 December 2013 - 03:25 PM.