Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

failure configuring windows updates

• Please log in to reply

titan7342

titan7342

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Please help me! I have been trying to solve this issue for days on my own with no success. Since I have been unsuccessful in fixing it on my own I know my good friends here at Geeks to Go will be able to assist. Recently I have been running into issues with both my windows 8 pc's. Neither one of them will install certain Windows updates. I'll start with my primary pc so that it doesn't create confusion for anyone involved. Below is the list of updates that give me the same error upon reboot "Failure Configuring Windows Updates"

1. ASMedia Technology Inc - Other hardware, USB Controller - ASMedia XHCI Controller
2. Cumulative Security Update for ActiveX Killbits for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2900986)
3. Update for Windows 8 for x64 - based Systems (KB2855336)
4. Update for Windows 8 for x64 - based Systems (KB2862768)
5. Update for Windows 8 for x64 - based Systems (KB2876415)
6. Update for Windows 8 for x64 - based Systems (KB2883201)
7. Update for Windows 8 for x64 - based Systems (KB2889784)

If someone here could please help me I would greatly appreciate it. Please let me know what you need from me to get started.

Advertisements

titan7342

titan7342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Doesn't anyone know how to fix this or at least trouble shoot this? Please anyone I can't figure this out

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hello titan7342

Can you post a Speccy url for us please, see Here

Updates can sometimes fail to install then to successfully install but to still be suggested for install, have you checked your update history to see if any updates that you have mentioned have since been installed.

Have you tried manually installing the updates.

Running Microsoft Fix it

Back up all of your important data, create a new restore point and then Upgrading to Windows 8.1

titan7342

titan7342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks for your response PHillpower2. Last night I did a system refresh and was able to get everything installed except for one item at this point. Update for Windows 8 for x64-based Systems (KB2756872) is the only update that I cant resolve at this point. Below is the file you requested. Thanks again for your help.

My link

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the update titan7342 :thumbsup:

The url is surplus to requirements now that you have most of the updates installed, all looks well with your system in any event.

Have you tried manually installing the update from Here

Did you try MS Fix it.

Updating to Windows 8.1 is still free at present (up to Jan 2014) as far as I am aware, so consider updating now.

You are welcome BTW :)