Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to transfer files between two linux mint 15 desktops connected by

• Please log in to reply

FireArcher

FireArcher

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hallo:

I'm new here on the forum and this is my first topic.

I have a new desktop computer running linux mint 15, 64 bit, cinnamon edition, and want to transfer all my files and folders from my old one, using the same OS.
In the old desktop, I have two hard disks, one very old, 250 GB IDE and one newer 500GB SATA. The IDE disk is connected via an IDE-SATA converter.
In the new computer i have a modern 2TG hard disk.
I tried to connect the hard drives directly to the new computer but was unable to see the 250GB hard disk and the system wont boot.
when i connected the 500GB disk with the 2TG disk, the system acted very strange. it only boot from the 500GB and don't show the 2TB or boot from the 2TB and show the 500GB but can't access it.
so i tried to connect the two computers to the same router via cable and run on both the linix mint 15 64bit cinnamon, but can't get to make them talk to each other.
i tried proftpd, but get lost with configuration, tried to configure SAMBA and that didn't work for me either.
i even tried to run on both a program named "Conduit" that looks very promising and still nothing.

i'm lost here.

if someone can help me with this, please?

thanks all of you for helping.

Edited by FireArcher, 14 November 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Advertisements