Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PF Usage

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
I see that this process of uninstalling IDE ATA/ATAPI Controlers pertains to the drivers for my HP All-in-One Printer/Scanner. Should this be done and will I have to re-install the appropriate software after to be able to use my HP Printer/Scanner?

Advertisements

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
By the way an additional 512 MGS of Ram has been installed today. Also PF usage is still reading as around 512.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
My mistake, IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers DOES NOT refer to my HP Printer. My mistake. Ignore my comment.

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
After I uninstall IDE Drivers and reboot a couple of times, will I need an OS disc?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

After I uninstall IDE Drivers and reboot a couple of times, will I need an OS disc?

No windows will auto re-install the drivers.

Also run this tool to run on the next boot.
http://technet.micro...s/bb897426.aspx