Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless printers vs Wired printers

• Please log in to reply

tudordavies

tudordavies

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm new to this forum, and I'd like to hear the opinions of regular forum users on this subject.

Wireless printers are increasingly being favoured in the modern computing world, due to their increased efficiency and their better adaptability in office environments, but there are still certain aspects that favour wired printers.

http://www.ehow.com/...ed-printer.html This article shows the basic benefits and drawbacks of both wireless and wired printers, and also demonstrates the difference in cost.

One thing which I think it has missed out is that sometimes, setting up a wireless printer can be quite a tedious and frustrating task and, if and when you're short on time, wireless printers can suddenly end up being a liability. That being said, I did find this infographic on wireless printers quite useful: http://midshire.co.u...reless-printer/

So what are peoples views on this? Do you think wired printers should be left in the past? Or do you think they can still have a place in todays computing world?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
One of the problems with wireless is that many types of devices can cause interference, including: Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, fluorescent lights, microwave ovens, outdoor microwave links, WiMAX, wireless game controllers, wireless video cameras, Zigbee devices, and so on. Even bad electrical connections can cause broad RF spectrum emissions.