Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New System Compatibility Help Needed

• Please log in to reply

josh8587

josh8587

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm looking to buy these components and build my first system. Before I hit the "order" button, could I get some input on my choices?

1. Do these all look compatible?

2. Is the PSU sufficient?

3. Is there anything you would change/downgrade/upgrade?

4. Which SSD would you choose. It will be used for main programs while the standard HDD will be used for media storage mostly.

This system will mainly be used for gaming. I chose an i7 processor only because I want this system to last for quite a few years. I realize that most current games don't make use of hyper-threading.

Thanks, in advance, for any and all help.

Case:
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and All-Black Interior

PSU:
CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible

Motherboard:
ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU:
Intel Core i7-4771 Haswell 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4600 BX80646I74771

Memory:
4X CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B

HDD:
Western Digital WD Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

SSD:
Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F240GBGT-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
OR
Corsair Neutron Series GTX CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Video Card:
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card 04G-P4-3774-KR

Edited by josh8587, 20 November 2013 - 03:34 PM.

Advertisements

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Very nice list, good stuff. The only change I'd make is the SSD and go for Intel or Samsung instead.

Oh one other thing, See that the PSU Corsair TX750 is a V2 which is Seasonic made.

Edited by Brazened, 20 November 2013 - 06:29 PM.

josh8587

josh8587

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Very nice list, good stuff. The only change I'd make is the SSD and go for Intel or Samsung instead.

Oh one other thing, See that the PSU Corsair TX750 is a V2 which is Seasonic made.

Brazened,

Is it a bad thing that the PSU is Seasonic made?

I'll look into other SSDs. Thanks for the input!

Brazened

Brazened

• PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
Seasonic is one of the best makers. The non V2 version is made by CWT which is supposed to be good but had been questionable in the past.