Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

driver problems

• Please log in to reply

neshelle

neshelle

• Pip
  • 5 posts
goodmorning everyone! my question is are there any driver fixers that are free? my computer says that microsoft 6to 4 adapter is not working, but it says its running the latest version so it wont update is there anything i can do to fix this problem?

Advertisements

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts
hello neshelle and welcome to Geeks to Go!

As I understand it , you have seen the Microsoft 6 to 4 Adapter (in Device Manager) showing with an error; is this correct? Can you tell us what error is showing when you open the window on this adapter? What made you go look in the device manager; was there some problem(s) with your system? And lastly, have you installed or uninstalled any software (especially security type software or VPN software) recently?

Thanks.

neshelle

neshelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have been having connection problems for months. i installed utilities tune up 2014 everything was good except it said a device is not working and told me to go inti the device manager and update it but it says it is already. it has a caution mark next to it

neshelle

neshelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Use Windows Update to check whether new device drivers are available. Proceed as follows:
Open Device Manager
Search in the device manager for the device whose driver you would like to update and double-click on the device name. You may first have to enable the "Show hidden devices" entry in the "View" menu.
Switch to the Driver tab, click Update driver and follow the instructions
What are the effects of this problem?
This can have the following consequences:
The device may be unusable
The computer may crash often
The computer may go a long time without responding
Computer performance may be very poor THIS IS WHAT IT SAYS

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

i have been having connection problems for months. ....

Please describe the connection problems you are experiencing. Thanks.

neshelle

neshelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
if i try to download or go to another site it say check your connection or page not found i have to keep refreshing the page my internet provider went in from their end said its not from them

neshelle

neshelle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
like just now when i clicked reply another page opens up says cant find website

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts
Sorry for taking so long in getting back to you. After reading your description of the connection problems, I think it would be best if you had your system looked at for malware (sounds like a browser redirect but I hope I'm wrong). You can post on the Malware board and when they say you are clean, if you still are having connection problems, come back here and we will help you further.