Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A serious error has occurred...

• Please log in to reply

ryan808

ryan808

• Pip
  • 3 posts
;)

I am using a professional music production app in XP pro. This started to occur recently: when I try to save I get an error message stating: "A serious error has occurred, please try to save your work under a different name and restart...". It will not let me save under any name and when I restart, the same message appears when trying to save.

I have checked a number of forums relating to the software and also tried to reinstall the program but no luck, same error. I am not as experienced with PCs and as I am Macs so I am not sure whether this is a common windows error with a common solution. Perhaps corrupt DLLs or problems with the system folder?

Does anyone know what this might be? It has stopped me from working!!

Thanks in advance :tazz: !

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
what application?

ryan808

ryan808

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks but has been fixed. it was a bad .dll (plug-in) causing the crash upon saving - if any one experiences something similar with any music application using vst instruments. simply do a trial and error removal of each plug-in until save funtion works.

:tazz: