Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

com-surrogate in volume mixer

• Please log in to reply

heartgrave

heartgrave

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
So, in my volume mixer, I have these "COM Surrogate" items in my volume mixer and I have like a crap ton of them. I don't know what they are or why they are there or how they got there. I would like them gone! I go into Device Manager and there is only AMD High Definition Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. They are all up to date. All they say is "COM Surrogate." I have and use HBO Go. I do not use any video players, picture viewers, music players, just pandora.com. Please help me get these removed from my mixer. The amount of these "COM surrogate" items in there and the amount of times I use the mixer, its annoying! I never get any errors about it either as others have stated on various forums. I mute each one of them too. The number of these items in my volume mixer fluctuates daily. One day there could be 5 the next day, 50.

Edited by heartgrave, 23 November 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Advertisements