Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer crashes

• Please log in to reply

defjam

defjam

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The computer freezes for a few seconds, and after that it restarts. I dont know much about PC's, so i have no idea what to do.. please help me.

Here are logs
Application:
The application, C:\Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 06/09/2005 @ 01:05:49.812 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 015632B0 (gta_sa)
System:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x100000c5 (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8054a10d). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini060905-01.dmp.

System specs are 3.0Ghz, 1gb ram, Radeon X700 Pro, Windows Xp Sp2.

Edited by defjam, 08 June 2005 - 04:55 PM.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi defjam. Welcome to Geeks to Go. Random crashes/reboots are caused by heat, memory, drivers or power supply. Check your fans and make sure they are working. You can test memory with http://www.memtest.org/. Make sure you have the current drivers installed. Also, what are the amp ratings on the voltage rails of the power supply? This is on a label on the side of the power supply. You need to work through each of the possibilities and rule it out. The event viewer can perhaps give you a clue. Go to start, my computer, right click manage, event viewer. Look for those with a red x corresponsing to the time of the crash. Right click poperties to see details. You can also send a message to M$ and view their knowledge base for additional details and possible solutions. Provide your complete system specs including the make/model of the power supply and the amps/volts ratings. This will assist folks in trying to help you.

defjam

defjam

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your reply. But i'm pretty sure that problem isn't caused by hardware problems you mentioned before, because it only happens while i'm playing concrete games (driv3r and gta)... I have tryed to install newest video card drivers, and even reinstalled windows, but it still keeps crashing. Please tell me what I should do, or what information about my computer, that will asist you in helping me to solve this problem, i should post here.

Ojoshiro

Ojoshiro

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Could it be the software?
I mean, you say you only have it with games from a certain house.
Maybe they have some sloppy code in their libraries that they keep using?

What do their techs have to say on the subject?

Ojo

Rhystic

Rhystic

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
how do i delete this?

Edited by Rhystic, 17 June 2005 - 12:25 PM.

jdconnolly1

jdconnolly1

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Defjam,

I had a similar problem that I spent weeks on working with Microsft. Evey time I played Halo online or any other online game, after about 20-30 minutes the system would shutdown completely. I made all kinds of software changes and it still happened. I went to comp USA and bought a can of compressed air and sprayed the cooling fans and especially in the DVD drive. No mor shutdons its amazing how much heat a graphics card can generate when running a game