Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wifi PCI card scrambles internet?

• Please log in to reply

Beaterz

Beaterz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everybody,

I have had a lot off help from this community so far, and I am going to give you all an other question to answer.

My computer Is pretty far from my router about 20 - 25 meters (and there are lots of walls between the router and my computer). There is no way to make this distance shorter. I always used an usb internet adapter but it would be of no suprise that this connection was slow and horrible. The worst problem is I think with the packet loss. I get download speeds of 200kb/s at most which Isn't the biggest problem but games (for example things like WoW and Rift.) Are not playable because of massive lagg and disconnects all the time. So I bought an PCI Wifi card. I bought the TL-WN851ND from TP-Link.

And now here is the really Issue. As soon as my computer starts up all other computers (and my ps3) their internet connection get scrambled. I don't know a better word to put it. Their connection turns horrible. They can't even open websites like google or it will atleast take 3 minutes to load it. The second I disable the Wifi card the connection of the computers and the ps3 turn back to an solid connection.

How can my Wifi PCI card do this and how can I fix this?

Extra info:
Once the pci wifi card is disabled the other computers have a fine connection. Not great seeing the distance. But good enough to stream videos or play said games. the usb adapter on my computer that which I went back to using gives fast enough internet to post this topic and watch some low res vids. but doesn't allow me to do anything more than that. Once the wifi PCI-card is enabled This computer will have the same horrible connection as the other computers around it. So it also scrambles itself or something..

If anybody can help me trying to fix this I would greatly appreciate it!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Either the card is defective and is causing interference or it is working quite well and your PC is infected and hogging the network. You don't say what operating system or windows version so it's hard to tell you exactly how to check. If it's Windows 7 then right click on the clock and Start Task manager. Then click on Networking. What does it say for Network Utilization if you are not doing a download or upload?

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,978 posts
Hi Beaterz,

Maybe you have some network setting wrong...

Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (Only Problems)
Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

Please Generate the above log on the problematic computer and in one of the other computers with the internet working properly.