Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with outlook

• Please log in to reply

dixon1983

dixon1983

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi all,
I was sending a list of reports yesterday to various companies. All of the companies are in my address book, a copy is sent to the company and a copy bcc'd to me. Somehow one of the reports was sent to another company in my address book even though the "To" field states it was sent to the correct company. The mail was returned by the incorrect company and in the return email there was no mention of that company in any of the "To" or "CC" fields.

How could this email have been sent to them without them being in the recipients list and with no mention of them at all in the email.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Quick answer? One of your contact's infomation is pointing to the wrong company.

Not positive about it, but can't think of another way that would happen.

dixon1983

dixon1983

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
All of the contacts are correct.
I was thinking it may be a virus that caused it but if it was I reckon it would have happened more than once already and Ive ran virus scans and picked nothing up.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Hmm... that doesn't sound like virus activity to me.

Has this happened more than once, or is this the first time?

dixon1983

dixon1983

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Its the first time its happened yes, it hasnt happened since but Im trying to get to the bottom of it to make sure it doesnt happen again cos it doesnt look good.