Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dr. Watson is causing errors on my system

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

naiso

naiso

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry I have been working late and sleeping late, and to top it off I haven't been able to gain entry in to Outlook Express for 3 days now. So I did everything you asked but I can't locate the clipboard. I still have the same issues and I think they are getting progressively worse. So if you could point me in the direction of the clipboard that would help the situation a bit. I have run a Search for it and came up empty handed. Sorry.

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
it will be the clipboard icon (below the arrows, upper right corner) will place a copy on the clipboard.
if you still can not find it, then try to highlight and then rightclick on it, next hit copy. then paste it to Notepad. the next step will be to post it here.

naiso

naiso

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Sorry this is what I got

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Windows File Protection
Event Category: None
Event ID: 64017
Date: 6/22/2005
Time: 2:34:17 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MOBB
Description:
Windows File Protection file scan completed successfully.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

I did the scan twice over and stalled. Tried again later and got finished. Tried to Microsoft Update and nothing. This was what I got earlier this afternoon.

Edited by naiso, 23 June 2005 - 04:49 AM.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
well, we have done everything that I can think of to do. Which leads me to One of three routes for you to go.

1.) Contact Microsoft directly about this issue through their support options.
2.) There is a possibility that your Hard Drive is damaged, so you could always go out and buy a new Hard drive, they're fairly inexpensive these day, and install it.
3.) You could always try using Linux.

I have listed those items in the order you should try them in as a suggestion.

Edited by Efwis, 23 June 2005 - 05:45 AM.

naiso

naiso

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
;) ;) :help: :help: :help: :yeah: :yeah:

This puts me in an awkward position. Should I be mad at the fact that this is the second time that I have been told that I can't be helped at Geeks To Go? Microsoft has not replied for the past year. I view the same type of problems on this website and have tried to use the steps given to repair my own issues. No problems solved with any methods, yet I have the same symptoms. So if you want to stop thats fine. I just wish you could pass me on to someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks. :tazz:

Edited by naiso, 24 June 2005 - 01:20 PM.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
I'm sorry you feel that way, However, I have done everything that anyone else can do short of microsoft. From the standpoint of this site, we have done everything we can to solve this issue. I have talked to quite a few other experts on this board as well as other boards, they have looked at your problems and at your logs and they agree with this assessment.

a. your copy of Windows is a bad copy from Microsoft, which in turn means there is nothing we can do at any of the sites.

b. your hard disk has un-recocverable errors on it, which requires replacement of the Hard drive.

Microsoft has not replied for the past year.

one thing that will help you out on this situation with them is to look at your Product Identification number. To help save you some time with them.

Microsoft support would need this number to be able to help you on this issue. you can locate this number by right clicking on my computer and looking at the number under the user name.

If this number has OEM in it, then you need to contact the company that made your computer for any support issues.
if this is not the situation then I would recommend going to http://support.microsoft.com and attempting to contact Microsoft directly. supplying full details as to what you have done to try and rectify this situation as well as what is wrong with your system.