Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Recovering deleted photos from a Galaxy S2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Famoustar

Famoustar

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
I'm using a galaxy s2 with version number 4.0.4, and I accidentally deleted some photos. I've tried more than a few programs but none seem to work, mostly because it's recognized as a portable media device rather than assigning it a drive letter. I've tried several things to no avail - notably, I enabled USB Debugging under Developer options, but the "USB Utilities" option in my Wireless and Network settings was not there. Not sure what to do from here, I'd really appreciate any help

Edited by Famoustar, 01 December 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Advertisements

Babbzzz

Babbzzz

Writing Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Recovering deleted files are mostly always based on trial and error with the use of software. Which all recovery programs have you tried?

Did you try Pandora File Recovery?

AledMelody

AledMelody

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It is possible, actually, it`s easy, you should untick the debug mode of the phone while you do the photo recovery, set the usb connection as mass storage, then software should recognize both the internal storage and sd card, you can recover the deleted files from Samsung without much fuss.

humble2k14

humble2k14

• PipPip
  • 77 posts

Famoustar,

I can see this is an older post but if you're still needing assistance then lets see what we can do  :cool: -- I would like for you to try another application if you haven't tried this one already; Piriform's Recuva and documentation on how to use Recuva.

You must connect your phone to your computer via it's ethernet cable. Any additional information can be provided in the aforementioned how to use Recuva document.

Please keep us updated!

Edited by humble2k14, 29 March 2014 - 03:08 AM.

sajilv

sajilv

• Pip
  • 4 posts
put the sd card in a card reader. now use your pc to recover your files. use freeware program to recover files.

breadbread

breadbread

• Pip
  • 6 posts

You can use Android bridge to copy your whole phone on to your Pc.

This is a good idea to do as quickly as possible before you re wright over the data.

After that you can use http://www.sleuthkit.org/

To start to recover your photos.

Bread

KittyHello

KittyHello

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If you need to recover deleted photos from Samsung Galaxy S2, you can use MobiKin Doctor for Android software. It can recover up to 8 types of files on Android phone, what's more, supports 2000+ Android device models and various Android OS. You can also preview detailed contents before recovery. Besides, it work well as a professional recovery and backup tool