Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RUNDLL Error Loading Message

• Please log in to reply

SilverLady

SilverLady

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, there -

On a Gateway PC running XP-SP2, the following message has been appearing upon start-up for the past 2 days:

RUNDLL

ERROR LOADING C:DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\foe8z8lw.dss

The specified module could not be found.

We have also noticed that now the USB keyboard does not work, and have tried it on multiple ports. System recognizes it, says it's ready for use, but it's not.

So, my questions are these:

A. How do I fix the RUNDLL error? and

B. Is that what is preventing the keyboard from functioning?

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated!

- SL

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The first thing to try is do a System Restore to before the error started showing, see if that fixes it.

SilverLady

SilverLady

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your suggestion, and I did consider it.

Given the fact his Gateway was so out-of-date, MS was not going to support WinXP any longer and that lack of support was already starting to cause other unrelated problems with both hardware and software, we decided to upgrade to a newer PC with Win7Pro.

Now both our PCs are compatible (same brand and OS) and it solved our other problem of setting up a Home Network to share the printer, which was not possible with different OSs. Win-win solution, and no more frustration with sharing a printer! :happy:

Again, thank you and have an absolutely wonderful day!! :)

- SL