Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help - TIme Changes on Restart!

• Please log in to reply

robynmiller

robynmiller

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Everytime I restart my computer my time changes to 2 hrs behind... same things happens with my boyfriends laptop - we are hooked up through highspeed DSL
& Wireless netwook for the laptop. I also have a HP Ipaq and now the time on THAT is always changing when I sych it with the PC even if I change the time on the PC & the Ipaq and then sych it the Ipac STILL changes time and then my apointments are are also moved around in time - although its the right time I set them for in microsoft Outlook!

Why does this happen & what can I do??!
Thanks
Robyn

Advertisements

bobthemailman

bobthemailman

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
your clock is set for wrong time zone, the computer updates it with windows time server when you start or your battery is dead but thats highly doubtful change it by right clicking clock then clikc adjust time then click timezone tab and change timezone

robynmiller

robynmiller

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks !!
robyn