Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton 503, 3 Error Missing BFE Component [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
How is the computer behaving now ?

Advertisements

oneleggedbeauty

oneleggedbeauty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I hope you had a great Christmas and New Year's. Now it is time to get back to work (LOL). Everythihg has been going well with my computer. However, I think I am having 2 minor problems. This morning when I booted my computer, it asked me to chose the operating system to start the computer. I did that. After the computer booted, I rebooted the computer and it booted properly.

Second issue, I do not print often, but I did try to print a file a couple of days ago and I cannot print. My printer is an HP All-In-One Printer, Fax, Scanner, Copier C401A. It is telling me that I have an error on my printer, however, nothing is displayed on my printer. I cannot find out what the error is. On the upper right hand side of the printer there is a yellow triangle with an ! mark, and the indication for the ink levels but I cannot find the error. I have accessed the HP Solution Center. I ran HP Print and Scan Doctor. I can print an internal page. The results of the scan doctor is print spooler, drive check, device status, device manager, device online, port match, decive conflicts all have check marks beside them. However, the print queue has a wrench beside it. The are telling me to uninstall and install the Full Featured Software on my printer. I do not want to do that in case the problem exists from what we have previously done. The other thing that I do not understand is what are Full featured Software. Is that just the drivers?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It was a very pleasant break, thank you :)

When you get the operating system choices what are the options ? Has this occurred on every reboot or was it just a one off

Is the printer a wireless one ? As it is similar to the one I have and I have also experienced this problem, I cured it by uninstalling the printer and then reinstalling it

There is an automatic driver detector/updater from HP on this page http://www.driverman...CFRSWtAodci4Aeg this may be the simpler solution as it does not install all the extraneous stuff like photo manipulation

oneleggedbeauty

oneleggedbeauty

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well, I deleted my C410A printer as you suggested, the printer was removed however, the fax and scanner remained and is working. I tried the download file that you suggested and it said that it could not find the network. I ran HP doctor and that said that the printer was not installed. So I went on the internet to HP and downloaded the printer. I downloaded the file. During installation, I got an error. This is the best I could do to let you know what the file is: "D:\setup\..\setup\hpzpnp40.exe"-*:programfiles\hp\ (that is all I could see on the error message.) If you hit OK on the message it stops the installation of the printer. It keeps looking for the file, which means I cannot install the printer. The fax and scanner are working just fine. Not sure what is next. Thank you.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Was the USB cable connected when you were installing the drivers ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.