Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Nexus 7 won't connect, darn it

• Please log in to reply

Steamdreamer

Steamdreamer

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

I'm sorry to be a silly old whatsit, because I'm sure there must be a quick answer to this!

I've had my Nexus 7 for a while, and it's great, but yesterday it lost the wifi connection at home, and I can't get it back. It detects the network without difficulty, so I tap 'Connect', whereupon I get the 'connecting' message. However, instead of opening, ittells me that the connection is saved and secure. Beyond that I can't get it to do anything helpful at all.

Please tell me gently what I'm not doing, or what I'm doing wrong.

Humble thanks

Advertisements

70delboy

70delboy

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hi Steamdreamer

Re your Nexus 7 problem, my first step with any tablet/phone prob. is to switch it off and then on again just to reset everything.

Sorry to state the obvious if you have already tried that! :rolleyes:

delboy

Steamdreamer

Steamdreamer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks delboy - never apologise for suggesting something simple!

Unfortunately, I had tried that, and have just done it again, without correcting the problem

But thanks again anyway

cheers

John