Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Comp, NO BEEPS!

• Please log in to reply

nmwaldron

nmwaldron

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I just purchased a new system to build, installed motherboard, drives, cards etc. It is booting fine, just no BEEPS. Is this normal? The case is a KingWin and the wires it to hook up usb, leds etc had different descriptions on them from that which were described in the motherboard install booklet. I hooked them up the best I could but still.....NO BEEPS!

Any help would definately be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Most likely the case speaker is not connected correctly and its not normal but I have had two different Abit boards the first never beeped unless I removed the ram then it would showing the case speaker did work but then one day I upgraded the bios and now it beeps as it should on post.

The second beeped as it should on post but I upgraded the bios and now it don't beep, so some boards do have issues with beeps after post.

now I am not saying you should upgrade your bios just to fix such a minor problem because there are risks involved in doing so. If the computer is running good and stable I would not worry about it.

Rick

nmwaldron

nmwaldron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, thanks for the help.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts