Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to open Photoshop Elements12 from DVD

• Please log in to reply

yooser

yooser

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hello,
I am having problems trying to open up Photoshop Elements 12 that I have downloaded from their website, I get as far as putting the download into a folder on my C drive as suggested. Then when I click on the Set-up application on the Photoshop Elements page,I click on Elements 12 , then I click on the next page for English setting,then I get the following error message; 'Error opening installation log file. Verify the specified log file location exists and is writeable'.

This really does not mean much to me ! My computer skills are basic to put it mildly.
My system is windows Vista home premium, service pack 2, 32 bit, with Avast security.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

yooser

yooser

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Success at last !
I have solved the problem with opening Photoshop Elements 12 ;
I defragged the hard disc,
Deleted all temporary files
Uninstalled my first attempt of PSE 12,
Added a administration new User account,restarted the computer,
Logged in with the new user setting,
Temporary disable anti virus settings etc,
Installed PSE 12,
That's it !
All systems are now go ,
I spent nearly a week trying to get it to work , it is quite a poor set up with Adobe.

Regards Neale.