Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

World of Tanks DirectX Issues

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I will also post in the World of Tanks forums ... but I've ALWAYS gotten better help here, than I have anywhere else. I have just done a total re-install of Win7 as my old install was having issues. So I'm re-installing many of the games I was playing before that.

I have installed the game World of Tanks and installed DirectX 11 (part of the installation, I believe) but when I try to run the game I get the following error message:

Application has failed to start because DirectX hardware acceleration is not available or is turned off

I've NEVER had this issue before and have been playing this game for about 8 months to a year.

HELP PLEASE!

dog

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
I see requirements for this game is DirectX 9.0c.Some games require this DirectX to play them.

Does the installation CD have this on it,if so install it.

Try this also go to microsoft download DirectX 9.0C or directx end-user runtimes

Make sure your video cards drivers are up to date.

If need the links to Microsoft,google it or i can come back give thme to you,i had similar issue like this needed these.hope this helps you out.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
My link O.K. here is link i mentioned

You can use both DirectX's 11 and 9 on your PC,will not cause any conflicts to each other.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

I see requirements for this game is DirectX 9.0c.Some games require this DirectX to play them.

Does the installation CD have this on it,if so install it.

Try this also go to microsoft download DirectX 9.0C or directx end-user runtimes

Make sure your video cards drivers are up to date.

If need the links to Microsoft,google it or i can come back give thme to you,i had similar issue like this needed these.hope this helps you out.

My graphics card does not meet the specific requirements for this game, but as I said, I've been playing for 8-12 months ... with no issues.

The game is a download, no cd, and it installed DirectX 11 ...

according to the the properties, I have the most current driver for my graphics card.

I downloaded the dx9 and when I try to install it, it comes as a zip with a bunch of .cab files in it, but I have no idea what to do ... it asks where I want them
and wants me to pick a folder ... I'm totally lost at that point. HELP!

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
O.K. i understand.Might need to post your complete system specs here then.

I tried this link it works as a exe file here it is again My link

This is what you should see when you run it should be 286kb file

This was shown as a requirement for the game DirectX 90c, i am not sure how you ran it in past without it,plus not meeting the system requirements with the Video card.

Have you made any other changes since then to your PC?

I can not post the execution file here for you,in case you have trouble again.
It is safe to have both DirectX's on system and Windows 7 should of already had DirectX 11.

Attached Thumbnails

• directx.jpg

Edited by jds63, 20 December 2013 - 08:33 PM.