Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Volume mixer is running but no sound

• Please log in to reply

Cranberry3

Cranberry3

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi guys i was actually in the forum for a month now but
i just registered couple minutes ago anyways im not sure
if im in the right section if not pls move it :happy:
if u dnt mind coz i have a problem , my pc its actually
second hand and uhhh i went to youtube and theres no sound
at all i tried checking if its mute but its not and went to
device manager and everything's fine and its actually saying
"this device is working properly" i also tried my headset
in my laptop and it works fine. volume mixer is goin up and down
but theres no sound at all can u pls help me with this?
i would appreciate it :thumbsup:

Edited by Cranberry3, 20 December 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Cranberry3

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

Cranberry3

Cranberry3

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome: Cranberry3

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if it is a brand name provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, add on video card if one is used, providing these details will enable us to better assist you.

hey! thank you!

uhh its actually a desktop and i think its a custom made
and im not sure what should i put here anyways

motherboard is ASUS if i check it in dxdiag it just stated
System Manufacturer : System Manufacturer
System Model : System Product Name

windows 7 32 bit
i3-2100 3.10GHz
2gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT200

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Can you run Speccy and post the url for us please, see here

If you already have speakers connected to the rear audio out port and are trying to use an audio out port on the front of the case it is possible that the front port is either auto muted due to the rear port being in use, it is disabled or it is not connected to the MB (not all MBs and cases have corresponding connections and sometimes there may be a port on the case but no header on the MB for the wires from the port to connect to).

" i also tried my headset
in my laptop and it works fine

Does this mean that you are only aware of the problem of not having sound coming through the headphones - as in do you have speakers connected which are working.
Which port on the computer are you connecting the headphones to - colour and location of the port please.

Couple of additional questions if I may;
How long have you had the computer, if it is a recent purchase has the sound ever worked.
Do you have external speakers connected to the computer, if yes are they connected to the MBs green audio port.
You have run DXDiag, did you click on the sound tab to test the audio device - if yes what were the test results.