Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 displays via video card and intregated video

• Please log in to reply

kriss1220

kriss1220

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, How can I attach 2 monitores. One in video card Ati x300 and second in intergated pci onboard video.
Cheers!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: kriss1220

Unfortunately you cannot :( this because when you insert an add on video card the MBs integrated video chip is automatically disabled, this feature can itself be disabled on some MBs however in this instance it is the add on video card that will be disabled when the presence of the MBs integrated video chip is detected by the BIOS during POST.

The Ati x300 add on video card was/is available with different ports available, one type had a single VGA port and another type had a DVI port and a VGA port, which type of card do you have (I suspect the single VGA type based on your question).

kriss1220

kriss1220

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thaks for ur post.

I read that u can force intergated video in BIOS but I don't have that option. I tried to update Bios but I get errors. I also read that when u know correct pins u can solder it together and try to plug it in to dvi. To answer ur quwstion- yes this is only one vga output. too bad.

If u have any suggestions then please let me know.
Wouldn't like to buy a new one with 2 vga's.

Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
You are welcome :)

I read that u can force intergated video in BIOS but I don't have that option. I tried to update Bios but I get errors. I also read that when u know correct pins u can solder it together and try to plug it in to dvi

Not sure about this and so cannot comment.

If you are looking for a new video card we can help with that but we will need to know the brand and model name or number of the MB and the PSU, the size of the case as in full or mid tower or SFF (small form factor) in which country will you make the purchase and finally your maximum budget.

kriss1220

kriss1220

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for ur offer, but Im not going to upgrade this pc. need a new one with less fan noise and everything in it. this was just a suggestion to try multiple monitors before i brake it for good. because this in annoying. thanks anyways. if u can sell cheap parts then let me know.

Cheers!

Edited by phillpower2, 21 December 2013 - 02:09 PM.
email address removed for security

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
No problem :thumbsup:

Sorry can`t help with selling your used parts I`m afraid however good luck with it.

kriss1220

kriss1220

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
:) :) :) sry 4 misunderstanding. thought if u can sell me new cheap parts 4 a reasonable price then let me know where is your online shop.

:) :) niiice lol

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Ay crossed wires indeed :lol:

Not sure which country you are in but I use and recommend PCPartPicker to a lot of members