Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Live streaming mp4 files

• Please log in to reply

Shrmp

Shrmp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, i'm having troubles streaming a mp4 to a Sony Bravia tv, it seems that this video format it's not admited. Well I have been searching for a solution to this but getting no results..

My solution is: If there's a program you know, that can record the screen of my pc and save it as a mp4 file that at the same time I can stream to my TV using the "Play to" option on Windows, I can simulate a live streaming wirelessly to my TV. I don't want to use a HDMI cable because of the distance between de PC and the TV, so a streaming is my unique option. Maybe this idea is a lot crazy but I'm thinking of the possibilities of this program to exist, also if you know another good solution please show me. Thank you a lot if you take your time reading and answering this!!, and sorry if my English is not too good.

Advertisements

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Hi Shrmp,
What model Sony Bravia are you using? And are you using a USB to stream the mp4 file? If your TV is a pretty new one, it should be able to play MP4 files(My 2012 model can play mp4).