Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Wont Load Correctly Chrome + IE

• Please log in to reply

tonydav

tonydav

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

I am running windows 7 ultimate, and recently I am having problems loading MSN.co.uk page in. It started about 3 days ago, when none of the pictures would load in, then all I get is everything down the left hand side. I am running a desktop (wired to the router) and laptop (wireless to the router), and the problem is on both, the problem is only on MSN page and no others, I have tried it in chrome, and IE, same problem, here is what I have done so far and nothing works:

Cleared history
Cleared all temp files
ctrl + F5
Deleted and re-installed chrome
Clean using spark trust
Checked that all resources are loading on that page, and they were
Re-booted the router
Restored to an earlier date

I have tried to access the page via my mobile through the router (wireless), and that also wont load, but if I then go through the phone provider, it loads fine

Any help in simple terms would be much appreciated

Regards

Tony

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: tonydav

The router and MSN are the two constants here and primarily the router.

Have you contacted your ISP or MS about this, have you tried connecting your notebook and phone to MSN from another location such as a friends house etc.

Microsoft support here

Some additional questions;
How old is the router.
Who is your ISP.
Is there a hardware firewall on the router, some information on this here

tonydav

tonydav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi thanks for responding, the router is about 2 years old, my ISP is Norwegian as I live in Norway and its called Homebase. Their is a firewall, but I have tried with it disabled, and it is the same. It is only that one page the MSN.co.uk front page, everything else works fine, including Outlook through MSN

I have done a router factory reset, that did not work either. I dont have another location that I can try my phone, as I dont have wireless at work, but I can get on the MSN frontpage from work, as it is a different ISP and a different computer. I really cannot see what it can be as it is only that one page :-)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I can only suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling MSN before contacting MSN if that does not work.

Please note that you should create a new system restore point and archive any saved messages before uninstalling MSN.

Uninstall steps here
Fresh download from here

You are welcome btw :)

tonydav

tonydav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

It is uk.msn.com page, so I dont have it stored on my computer, it is the front page that wont load, and if I click something on the front page, say a current news item from today, it goes to the page I requested, but no pictures load, and the text is not as it should be, its all over the place. I have done a factory restore on the router, and also downloaded the latest software for it as well

tonydav

tonydav

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi

Sorted, it must have been the server as it is okay know, strange thing the old WWW, but thanks for the advice was really appreciated

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Glad you got it sorted and thanks for the follow up tonydav :thumbsup: