Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Realtek Ethernet Controller Media Test Fail - No Bootable Device?

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks for the reply.
We need to know the exact Model Number of your Satellite laptop. It will have a number like this C70-AST3NX1. What is the number of of your Laptop.
Please answer the rest of the questions in Reply #14, Then, we can answer any other questions you have.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
As per my reply #11

Thanks iammykyl :thumbsup:

Kevin95
We understand that computer problems can be stressful but please answer all questions asked and tell us anything that you have already tried yourself, this will avoid any repetition of suggestions and hopefully conclude your topic more quickly for you.

I also asked in my reply #8

Have you made sure that there is no reference to the Realtek Ethernet controller or PXIE device in the boot order.

What is the answer to the above please.

We are trying to help you here Kevin95 and to be able to do that we need your cooperation, please answer all questions that are asked, if you can, if you cannot answer a question you only need to say so, as I say we understand computer problems can be stressful but we need you to help us to be able to help you.

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
My apologies. I'm on my phone and its kinda hard to answer a lot of questions at once.

My laptop model is A505-S6965. I bought it second hand so it didn't come with any discs.

I don't know how to check the HDD or ethernet controller status.

And I have access to an old 32 bit windows xp computer and a 64 bit windows 7 laptop. My laptop is 32 bit by the way.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Thanks for the reply and updates, now I understand and won't get so cranky.
We need to see if your HDD is damaged using Seagate Set-tools contained on the UBCD, download from the link below.
Use a computer with Windows 7 OS.
Save to the desktop.
Insert a 1GB or greater USB stick in a USB socket.
Right click on the file you downloaded, (UBCD ISO) and from the drop down menu.select Open With -> Windows Disk Image Burner.
in the window that opens, Select the USB stick, then click Burn.
When complete, Safely remove the USB stick, and then post to us.

http://www.majorgeek..._cd_(ubcd).html

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I couldn't burn UBCD on my usb but I got Parted Magic burned on. I wasn't able to install it on my broken laptop though due to an error. I have a picture of the error messages but I don't know how to send it on this forum.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Save the picture to the desktop on the desktop/computer that you are using, open and maximize the picture (full screen) then follow the steps below;

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be too big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I'm usually on my phone and I can't find that option on the mobile site

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Sorry, you can't do it on a phone, it has to be done on a computer.
If you could burn a Parted Magic, what was the problem burning the UBCD?

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I tried a bunch of programs and I found one that could burn to usb but an error message shows up when I choose UBCD.

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Heres the messages that popped up while I was trying to install Parted Magic Posted Image

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Gday Kevin95.
Looks like the Parted Magic tool can not get a response from the HDD.
I would say it is damaged, so your best option is to get a quote from a computer repair shop to see if it is worth fixing.
Sorry we were unable to solve your problem.

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
It's okay. Thanks for your help anyways.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Posted Image

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Is there any data on the HDD that you would like to try and back up.

Kevin95

Kevin95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I did have some really important data on there but unfortunately, when I brought my laptop to a computer technician, he said there's no way to recover my lost data unless I bring it into a data center and pay $3000 to get it back.