Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with uploads with FTP

• Please log in to reply

clarky23

clarky23

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
I got a system a few days ago, now with XP SP2....I use CuteFTP and CoreFTP and I cannot get any files uploaded with the new system. I know it's not the sites because I can upload with my old system....help!! Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
Shut off the windows firewall, or just allow the port u use to be unprotected.

You can also set the FTP program to be an exception:

Posted Image

Edited by ssone, 09 June 2005 - 07:13 AM.

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i found another good program to use its called bpftp= bullet proof ftp but yea like he sed you will have to turn off windows firewall in sp2

Guest_Ped_*

Guest_Ped_*
There is another way too,

Internet Explorer has an FTP function built in. Enter your FTP URL into the browser address bar (i.e. ftp://mywebsite.domain) when prompted enter name and password and then you can drag and drop your files to where you want them.

(works for me)

Ped

Edited by Ped, 09 June 2005 - 06:21 PM.

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
well that works to but bpftp is a server prog and a cliet prog u can run ur own ftp server

Guest_Ped_*

Guest_Ped_*
Aye, I would agree there but it is another program to download where it isnt really required, there could be something tempoarily blocking the ftp programs being used that hasnt been found yet.?

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
well you could just go into the router port forwarding settings and unblock the ports that the ftp server is running on

clarky23

clarky23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
ok....I have tried turning off Windows Firewall....have tried creating an exception, and have tried using IE to no avail. I cannot get files uploaded to my ftp sites on this new computer. I still can with the old computer without a problem. Problem is that the old computer is leaving soon. Why did I ever install SP2? :tazz:

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
so try getting this program bullet proof ftp once u get it then type in the server ip and password as well as ur username and password then hit connect and you will have to folder managers one is the ftp and the other is the computer files

clarky23

clarky23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. turned out that my router was causing all the problems. Still no SP 2 going back onto my system. Thanks everyone. :tazz:

wrxboy04

wrxboy04

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
no problem