Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

UPS Overloading?

• Please log in to reply

painstream

painstream

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey Guys,

So I picked up a CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD (1000VA at 600 Watts). All I have plugged into this UPS is just the PC nothing else (no monitor etc) and I keep on getting an overload fault warning alarm.. I'm drawing 186 Watts at Idle, 280 at full load).. Any Idea why this is overloading? Yet I can plug in a couple monitors and keyboard(logitech g19) and a router, sound system.. and it doesnt overload...) Im confused.

Power Supply In my PC: Cooler Master: Silent Pro Gold 1200W

*My assumption was that I could overload this device if I drew 600+ watts.. But i'm not even at 50% load. So i'm confused why its even overloading at all. I'm also drawing under 3 AMPS.. It shows this thing is rated for 12 Amps..

Thanks.

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
How did you test to see what the whole computer system is drawing in terms of power?

painstream

painstream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have one of those Energy monitors you plug in. and I used a multimeter to confirm the amperage usage

painstream

painstream

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
blah.. My Power Supply Is Active PCF.. The UPS is not.. my bad..