Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not sure if its a graphics card issue or some settings in CCC

• Please log in to reply

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hey guys. I've just registered on these forums to see if you guys can help me with an issue I have.

I am a gamer, and every gamer likes a smooth running game. I have that. But the issue is. What my game looks like.

e.g. I went on minecraft (because it sticks out the most) and this is what it looks like for me.

Minecraft Screenshot

Not sure how to get system specs. But I think this is a good start.

System Specs

I really hope I don't have to go out and buy another graphics card.

Thanks & Happy New Year!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Spaceatron

The screenshot looks like you have artifacts, these can be caused by heat, poor power supply, and sometimes drivers.

Run Speccy and post the url for us, see here

Can you also tell us the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Sorry if I sound abit stupid. But whats a PSU ? and where do I find the model name of it.

Here's a picture of my Specs on Speccy.

Speccy Specs Image

Thanks for the reply!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
PSU = Power Supply Unit, as you do not know the information you will need to take the side off your case and then make a note of the details that should be on a label on the PSU like in the attachment below.

Please make sure that the computer is turned off and disconnected from the wall socket before you begin the check.

The Speccy screenshot that you have provided does not provide enough information, please run Speccy again and post the requested url as detailed here

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Thanks for that information. And I appreciate your help.

Speccy Information you requested.

Getting the PSU Information for you now.

I've just gathered up the information. I hope this is what you needed.

PICTURE OF THE POWER SUPPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION

Model Number: GE-P450N-C2

AC INPUT:

115Vac 10A 60Hz, 230Vac 6A 50hz

Type: ATX 12cm

PFC: Non PFC

DC OUTPUT:
+3.3v | +5V | +12v1 | +12v2 | -12v | +5vsb

MAX OUTPUT CURRENT:
22A | 25A | 18A | 0.5A | 2.5A |

MAX COMBIED WATTAGE:
165W | 360W | 6W | 12.5W | 450W (PEAK POWER 500W)

Also Just some Extra Information on My Graphics Card can be found here.
You should already know it's the 7700 version.

Thanks again!

Also I see that you said "these can be caused by heat, poor power supply, drivers and sometimes drivers." Drivers and sometimes Drivers, is there something there I should know ?

Edited by Spaceatron, 02 January 2014 - 04:51 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thanks for the additional information Spaceatron :thumbsup:

I suspect that the PSU may be the cause of the issue as it does not maintain the consistent power supply that the card requires, this based on the fact that Gigabyte show a 360W continuous power supply is available, a maximum combined wattage of 450W, a peak wattage of 550W and then to justify these figures they make the following statement regarding the PSUs performance;

* Advertised performance is based on maximum theoretical interface values from respective Chipset vendors or organization who defined the interface specification. Actual performance may vary by system configuration.

Huh :wacko:
The maximum load on the +12V rail is shown to be 360W on the PSU database, see here

Please read the first page and the conclusions page here where the GE-450P-C2 version of the same PSU was independently tested, not good at all :(

What I would do first of all is uninstall the video cards drivers, shut down the computer, remove all power cords from the PC, remove the video card, reassemble the computer, connect your screen to one of the MBs own video ports, restart the computer and see how the video/display performance is.

Let us know how it goes.

You are welcome btw and I am sorry that the reply is rather grim.

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Still have artifacts after all of that. :(

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Do you have an alternative screen that you could try.

To check the PSU output please see below;

Download Speedfan and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows. The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

Posted Image
(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

To capture and post a screenshot;
Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Depending on the results we may need to run further software for comparison http://www.cpuid.com.../hwmonitor.html

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
As you have requested. Posted Image

Also I don't have an alternative screen I can use it on. Sorry.

Edited by Spaceatron, 03 January 2014 - 03:16 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I also asked;

Do you have an alternative screen that you could try.

What is the answer please.

Temps are ok but the voltage readings are mostly missing, please run HWMonitor and again provide a screenshot, see here

As an asides the +12V rail reading of 6.81V is anomalous as the computer would not even boot up if the power was that low, the MBs own monitoring software can sometimes conflict with Speedfan and cause this.

Advertisements

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I said on the bottom of my post that I do not have another screen. Sorry.

IMAGE:
Posted Image

Edited by Spaceatron, 03 January 2014 - 05:40 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
From my reply #6

What I would do first of all is uninstall the video cards drivers, shut down the computer, remove all power cords from the PC, remove the video card, reassemble the computer, connect your screen to one of the MBs own video ports, restart the computer and see how the video/display performance is.

Both Speedfan and HWMonitor are showing that the HD 7700 is still present :unsure:

The voltage readings are still not showing in their entirety, we will come back to that once the above is clarified.

Trying an alternative screen would be most helpful if at all possible - ask a friend if you can hook the tower or your screen up to their computer, please note that you should take your own PC to screen cable with you if you do this, try your cable and your friends to ensure that yours is ok.

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Uninstalled Graphics Drivers and have done a scan for you. On both programs you've given me.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also I tried my PC on my brothers computer. And I still have artifacts.
I used he's Screen and everything connected to my tower. And it's not much different at all.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Again your temps are fine but the voltage readings are missing, can you restart the computer and check them in the BIOS, no screenshot is required just make a note of the +3.3V, +5V and the +12V rails and let us know what they are please.

NB: BIOS voltage readings.
The readings are not conclusive in the BIOS as the computer is under the least amount of load, if they are higher or lower than what they should be though it does suggest a PSU problem.

From my reply #12

try your cable and your friends to ensure that yours is ok

I used he's Screen and everything connected to my tower.

Did you try your video cable and your brothers video cable.

Spaceatron

Spaceatron

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes I tried My Cable and My Brothers to ensure the cable wasn't faulty. They are both fine.
When I meant I used he's screen and everything connected to my tower, I meant everything from he's pc connected to my tower, so he's cable & screen ect.

Also I have found the Voltage Information you needed.

Vcore :1.408V

+3.30V :3.392V

+5.00V :5.088V

+12.00V :12.144

Edited by Spaceatron, 04 January 2014 - 10:26 AM.