Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Speakers on my computer don't work?

• Please log in to reply

glassofwhiskey

glassofwhiskey

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi soooo yesterday I was watching Netflix & my speakers sounded really quiet. I shut down my computer & restarted it & then they didn't work at all. So i forced it to shut down & they work now but they're still muffled. I have my volume at 100 & can hardly hear it. What do i do??

Oh by the way i have the HP envy (windows 8 obviously)

Also i have a feeling it was something that I downloaded on my computer without thinking, i've deleted most of the corrupt files & maybe i deleted an important one for sound? I have no idea.

Edited by glassofwhiskey, 31 December 2013 - 04:29 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
Post more system specs here.....................Is this a HP Envy Desktop or Laptop?

If Desktop are speakers separate or built into monitor?

If separate speakers see if you can try them on another computer if you have one, also check all wire connections?

Check device manager under sound devices and see if current drivers are still installed, see if there is a yellow exclamation point near sound devices.

If you do not have a disc to reinstall the drivers find out what sound card you have,go to manufacturers web site and download the latest drivers.

Windows 8 you can try a refresh or reset from PC settings.

Did you ever make a system restore point?

Post more info on system so we can try to help more....ty