Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Notebook freezing, can't figure out why.

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
My apologies, I was being lazy by using the link I`m afraid :blush:

Good news though in that the computer ran for around 32 hours without crashing, all I can ask is that you continue to use the computer as you normally would and if you need to update or change any settings please ensure that a new restore point is created first and that you make a note of any updates you install or settings that you may change.

Good luck, keep us posted and any further issues or questions that you may have please let us know.

Advertisements

Chopper686

Chopper686

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Good news though in that the computer ran for around 32 hours without crashing...

Does this mean that I we can eliminate the thought that there may be hardware issues? Or is this still a large possibility?

Thank you very much for all your help,

I'll be sure to come back with any updates as/when required!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Unfortunately computers can be fickle, fine one minute and a proverbial pain the next, time will tell and that is why I have suggested the steps in my reply #31 as they at present are your safety net, for good measure I would create a new restore point now, off out for a few hours so in the nicest possible way I hope that when I check back in later you have not needed to post back, good luck :thumbsup:

Chopper686

Chopper686

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Update:

The Laptop was okay for a little while, freezing sometimes but not so frequently, however, fastly it is now becoming worse than before.

It now freezes quite often.

The difference now is that it will be fine for hours but as soon as I start playing a game on the laptop it will freeze after a short amount of time, which is very strange considering this did not happen beforehand.

Is there some kind of stress test? Something that can test all of the hardware to the limits to find the culprit that is causing the freezing.

Many thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Try an IntelBurnTest, see here