Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I know what CPU fan to get?

• Please log in to reply

rhymin

rhymin

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
I have a Solano 1000 case, and one of my front 140mm LED fans went out. The model number of the fan is:

RL4B S13525L

I couldn't find this fan anywhere on newegg, ebay, amazon, etc. The fan also says DC12V and 0.30A on it. I was wondering if I could basically use any 140mm fan that I find? One fan I found that is close is a MassCool BLD-14025S1L 140mm LED case fan, and it is 12V, but it has 0.26A (not .30A like my former one). I was wondering if this will make a difference?

I'm also wondering if the screw holes match up on same size fans?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
The MassCool should work fine. The 0.26Amperage required to spin the fan is less than what you had (which is good) and the the screw holes on 140mm PC fans are in the same place.