Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Confused...please help

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm hoping someone can give me some sound advice, and I apologise for my ignorance in these matters...technology is moving too fast for me...or am I slowing down... I've just upgraded from an iPhone 4 to a 5, which isn't compatible with the laptop I've been using - an old mac PowerBook G4...so now I need a new laptop, and I'd like to buy a fairly inexpensive MP3/4 player which holds a decent amount of music...say 3-400 songs (any ideas on what capacity that would be?). I mainly use a laptop for emails, Internet, word processing, Facebook, Skype, and I have a sizeable music collection (currently accessed through iTunes on my mac). I've heard people have problems getting everything to be compatible. Please could anyone advise me as to what laptop/MP3/4 player I should buy? Should I stick with a mac, or not? I'm planning to move overseas soon, so money is a consideration; I don't want to spend more than I have to.
Many thanks in advance.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
MacBook Pro

iPod shuffle