Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDMcache.exe error? [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

I think the last entry averscanner was me just doing some research on the item!!

Could be but let's remove them all and see if it makes a difference.

Open notepad.

Please copy the contents of the code box below.

To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt.

Alternatively type the contents of the box into notepad and save it to your desktop.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\BrowserCache\IDMcache.bat
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\BrowserCache\IDMcache.vbs
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\http--www.averscanner.com-scan-28-idmcache-exe.shtml.lnk

This Registry file is specifically written for the infection on this person's computer. It should NOT to be used on another machine. It may cause serious damage even to the point of rendering the computer unusable.

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Edit:

After you have run the fix please run System File Checker:

Go here for instructions on how to run System File Scanner in Win 8 and Win 8.1

Further

A reminder - You should contact Microsoft Validation again to resolve the validation problems. Some interpretations of the WGA log would indicate a pirated version on your machine. As mentioned earlier, I think it relates to the upgrade not being properly carried out. However, that together with the cracked Adobe program is very suspicious and needs to be corrected.

Advertisements

battison10

battison10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Will do in the morning done a 16 hour day and need some sleep now!!

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
:thumbsup:

battison10

battison10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Fix result of Farbar Recovery Tool (FRST written by Farbar) (x86) Version: 15-01-2014 03
Ran by Scott at 2014-01-17 06:31:34 Run:1
Running from C:\Users\Scott\Desktop
Boot Mode: Normal

==============================================

Content of fixlist:
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\BrowserCache\IDMcache.bat
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\BrowserCache\IDMcache.vbs
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\http--www.averscanner.com-scan-28-idmcache-exe.shtml.lnk

C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\BrowserCache\IDMcache.bat => Moved successfully.
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Flash Player\BrowserCache\IDMcache.vbs => Moved successfully.
C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\http--www.averscanner.com-scan-28-idmcache-exe.shtml.lnk => Moved successfully.

==== End of Fixlog ====

battison10

battison10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Ok just rebooted pc and the original error message has gone!!..............But we have another :bashhead:

Attached Thumbnails

• idm error.jpg

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Okay, maybe we should have left that one lol.

Let's try another reinstall.

Go here to download the latest Adobe Flash Player

Make sure you untick the box "Yes install Chrome as default browser and Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer" option before downloading.

Note: From time to time software suppliers change the foistware options so it may not show the one quoted in the instructions above. Just take care to untick any boxes offering an option to download or install any other program.

battison10

battison10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
LOL can' see any of those options!! this is where I get to when I click on the link!!

Attached Thumbnails

• flash.jpg

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

LOL can' see any of those options!! this is where I get to when I click on the link!!

Download and install anyway. If an option to uncheck a box presents then follow the instructions above.

battison10

battison10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Re-installed and re-booted and error message still rearing it's ugly head!!

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Here are three links that attempt to provide a solution for people whose machines have had the same problem:

http://answers.micro...1d-f7a1950b8132

http://helpx.adobe.c...data-files.html

http://forums.adobe....message/4041846

My thought is that you can check them out and try those solutions to see if they correct the problem on your machine.

Advertisements

battison10

battison10

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Thanks for the links, the first one worked a treat, no more annoying messages!!

Got to say a BIG thank you for helping me out with this problem, very much appreciated :notworthy:

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
You are welcome. :happy:

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.