winxp finally rebooted after ntldr mssing--major errors HELP!
Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:01 PM
My name is Teima and I'll be happy to assist you with this issue. Before we commence I'd like to ask that you take into careful thought of the points which I've listed below as they will beneficial to the guidance as to which I'll present yourself with here on Geekstogo.
P.S I notice that you have attached a Hijackthis log report. As this tool is outdated and isn't used on GeeksToGo anymore. I'll present some alternative instructions. Thanks.
Notes before we commence:
- It's important that you reply within four days. If you haven't replied within that time, the thread will be closed.
- As the process of malware removal is often challenging at times I'd like you to take into consideration that it may take multiple replies in order to resolve the issue/issues present.
- If you are uncertain about any of the steps as to which I present yourself with. Please feel free to ask myself for further clarification.
- It's important that you don't use tools which have been recommended for other users of the forum, failure to follow these guidelines will most likely result in an unbootable machine.
- These steps only apply for the user "Taliesa". If you're reading this thread and you're requiring assistance, then read this thread and follow the listed steps carefully.
- The absence of symptoms does not necessarily mean that your system is clean. Please stick with me until I state that your system is clean.
- If It's been a total of three days and you've yet to receive a response from myself. Please send myself a reminder by clicking here and attaching the appropriate thread link where I can respond.
Please be patient with me as I am currently in training, and all of my responses to you have to be reviewed by my instructor before I post them. Just keep in mind that you get the advantage as you have two people examining your issue. Thanks for your consideration.
Please download OTL from here. Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run As Administrator to start the program. If prompted by UAC, please allow it.
- Please check the box next to Scan All Users.
- Make sure Use SafeList is selected under Extra Registry.
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:
netsvcs BASESERVICES %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe /md5start services.* explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe /md5stop dir C:\ /S /A:L /C CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time and post them in your reply. If both log won't fit in the same post, you may post them in two separate posts.
Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:17 AM
This topic is now closed.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users