Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

• Please log in to reply

PacerSS

PacerSS

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
For some reason whenever I try to install this update, for some reason the installation fails, can someone help me?? Also on startup I get a message saying that a dynamic library.dll can not start. That and I get those messages that it was unable to install "Logical Disk Manager" and found new hardware "System" both I can see come up as rundll32.exe in the task manager. Also get a message that is blank in the box but on the border it says "Fatal Error" Any clues as to what is goin on with this?? TIA

Edited by PacerSS, 08 June 2005 - 11:08 PM.

Advertisements

PacerSS

PacerSS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
alright I copied the errors and this is what they come out to be:

The system has recoverd from a serious error.

Error signature:
BCCode: 1000000a BCP1:805EE97A BCP2: 00000002 BCP3: 00000000 BCP4: 805EE97A OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 2_0 Product: 768_1

Fatal error:
Failed to delay load library mscorlib.dll (Win32 error: 193).
This program can no longer run and will now terminate.

Found New Hardware Wizard
Cannot Install this Hardware
There Was a problem installing this hardware:
Unkown
An error ocurred during the installation of the device
The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device.
and same error but for "Logical Disk Manager" for hardware.

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
But how do you fix this error?

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
If you get this error all the time, do you get the option to send the error to microsoft? (Error Report).

If so, does it come up with the internet exploere and show what the problem is and what you can do to fix it or download a patch?

Chadduss

Chadduss

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Try downloading and running this tool. This tool essentially uninstalls the .Net Framework manually which then will allow you to reinstall everything properly.

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
No sadly it does not give me the ability to send any info to microsoft.. I have posted more info here. http://www.geekstogo...88
i have already removed and reinstalled .net and got one item to update the...

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB886903) Failed Saturday, June 25, 2005 Windows Update website
Critical Update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB885884) Successful Saturday, June 25, 2005 Windows Update website

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Have you tried emailing microsoft about it?

If not do you need there email address?

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I havw not thought about that one.. Yeah that would be really kewl.. thanks what is there addy?

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
hey Chadduss, i dld that cleanup thing.. and tried it.. got the same error dangshuckshoneyducksberrymother

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

I havw not thought about that one.. Yeah that would be really kewl.. thanks what is there addy?

View Post

I only have the one for new zealand.

But that get to any microsoft in the world lol, Here is microsofts Help email address:

[email protected]

Edited by Tony_1983, 25 June 2005 - 09:44 PM.

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
thanks a bunchy :tazz:

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hey no problem man.

That is what asking for help does for you is help ya out :tazz:

destynnee

destynnee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
well i ended up just leaving it all alone till yesterday and just did another restore, and removed just about everything and reinstalled anything that i could so far things are going good. thanks for yalls help :^)