Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what to do?

• Please log in to reply

loc122

loc122

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
i have to much old motherbroad can someone suggest me what to do with them some cool think :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
It depends on whether or not the MBs are working and if you have compatible hardware to go with the MBs, this includes CPUs, Ram, HDDs, optical drives and add on video cards in some instances, if you do have the suitable hardware to go with even one of the MBs you could build yourself a HTPC

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
i love that but anything else ?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Imagine the following as a map from A to B :whistling:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and so on and so on!

We have no idea from where to start with this and no inkling as to where we may possibly end up :unsure:

It appears possible that you have acquired a bundle of computer parts as to which you have absolutely no idea as to whether or not any of them actually function (this in itself is highly unsafe) this topic appears to be a wild goose chase, sorry but I don`t possess a crystal ball, I rely 100% on accurate answers, for my own self respect and to preserve the good name of GTG I do not feel that it is appropriate that I continue to assist with this topic.

Whatever you do with this please stay safe and be sure to disconnect all mains power from the wall socket before you start tinkering.

Best of luck.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Posted Image

Three-Ring Circuits: Shockingly Lovely Circuit Board Art

Recycle Old Computer Motherboards As Placemats, Jewellery, Notebook Covers & More

Motherboard Clock

Motherboard Art

Mine Gold From Old Motherboards

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Great ideas Doc but I am unsure as to what loc122 actually wants to do with these parts, this because a certain Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor supporting HT Technology 3.20 GHz, 512K Cache, 800 MHz FSB CPU seems to have been tried in more than one MB in a quest to find something that actually functions + the answers that we receive are somewhat cryptic :wacko:

Previous topic here

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Thanks Phil. As you can see I'm unsure as well. Hopefully the OP will take the hint and narrow down exactly what it is they're attempting to do. ;)

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thanks spyware but i don't want to destroy him and do some art but great ideas anyway if i make my home private server for what i can use it ?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Wikipedia.com > Home server

A home server is a server located in a private residence providing services to other devices inside and/or outside the household through a home network and/or the Internet.

[...continues...]

loc122

loc122

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
thanks spy i will try to build this

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts