Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound

• Please log in to reply

iamjumbo

iamjumbo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have no sound on my dell inspiron with vista. i believe that the sound stopped when i installed a web cam i got for christmas. i have uninstalled it now, but, still no sound. according to the computer, the speakers and sound system are working perfectly. i ran some kind of check, which i don't remember now in windows, and it said something about something not being activated, but it didn't say what.

what can i do?

Advertisements

KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hello Iamjumbo, welcome to G2G. To start please co to control panel/devise manager/sounds. See if there are any yellow Exclamation points beside your sound device. If there are please right click and click enable if the option is available. If there isn't please go to sounds/playback devises and make sure your devise is set as default. Try to so so with a song or something playing. You should see a bar going up and down to the right of the device your computer is using.